Popular Posts

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Poetry

Since
i live
in a world
held together
somehow
by right words
and right manners

where

a look
a smile
a gesture
out of context
will be pounced upon
dissected
deformed
and squashed
like an ugly insect

so
it is best
to pin down my thoughts
with
big, strong board pins
and smile
coyly
when expected
talk
carefully
in double meanings
to express
nothing at all.

since
i should perform
the usual roles
with blind devotion
as if
the unique purpose
of my life
is defined & predicted
like hanging wet clothes

so
i will not share
all
that mean to me
what the Sun means
to the earth

since
i am loved
for being
not what i am

so
i will not speak out
the love
i cherish
so much
that i am scared
to expose it
to the world

since
i am to be stifled
with
my thoughts

so
i will treasure
all
that is
precious
sacred
in deep reverence
secure
in my mind

and

maybe
someday
i will touch
the soul
of some nameless faceless
stranger
who will know me
intimately
through my poems

and

we will connect
with each other
over centuries
through
poetry.........

1 comment: