Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Last Dance (dedicated to Cayman)

I skip
through the day,
watching
light and magic play,
doing all that I would have done
anyway......

Paying the bills,
buying the bread,
reading stuff
a song on my head.

Smiling bravely
when reason fails;
the toast burns,
my baby wails.

I wait for evening
to cross the street,
where the jukebox plays..
got a friend to meet.

Through night and day,
and come what may;
that’s the place
to be...
Someone special
waiting there
And well...
he’s promised the last dance
To me.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. This will be one of those moments I'll always treasure, this first reading.

    Wait, I just read it again and I'm still as moved.

    See, I told you you are the sweetest person. I love you.

    Oh, and typo blink there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Have you checked out some of mine?

    http://timoslt.blogspot.com/p/spin-off-my-tongue_6491.html

    ReplyDelete