Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I Will Be Your Lover

I will be your lover
each time
the sparrows chirp
each time
the restless wind howls
outside your window

I will unwrap
your soul
layer by layer
let the wind blow away
the dust
and cover your nakedness
gently
with a prayer

I will whisper
all the words
that settle
like fresh glistening dew
against the backdrop
of a thirsty earth

When looming clouds
black with rage
threaten
to hurl your boat
in the wild
I will wrestle its wrath
with my mind
and guide you through the night

We will touch
thought to thought
you and me
and make love
all through the storm

I will love you
when day dies in the arms of night
vulnerably
and we will rejoice
each time
the sunflower blossoms
each time
the tides....they turn

I will be your lover....

No comments:

Post a Comment